This is a dedication to all the unique & beautiful places that extend from the beaches & Hinterland of Byron Bay.
Travel a few hours North & you’ll reach the Port of Brisbane where you can hop on a barge & be riding windows down on the bay of Moreton Island in under 2 hours.
I didn’t grow up camping every weekend, but I’m glad for my new found desire to wake with the birds, sit around camp fires until all hours & surf a rolling break right outside my tent. Moreton Island is definitely the place for this!
- Get to North Point with as much speed as possible. This is the place to camp. Picturesque beach camping under a mixture of gum & palm trees
- Surf North Point & play in champagne pools. Similar to Wategos & The Pass in Byron Bay, the waves rap around Cape Moreton so its perfect for a long board
- Hike Mt Tempest. This is a 19km return trip, but you a rewarded with spectacular 360 views & on a clear day you can see across to the Glass House Mountains of Brisbane’s mainland
- Beach fires are allowed. This has to be my favorite part of camping, so don’t forget to bring wood, you’ll definitely have a #fromwhereyoudratherbemoment
- Dip in Blue Lagoon on a windy day. It’s inland & sheltered by the Southerly’s that often hit Moreton
- Take the road less traveled! Just go go go.. don’t take a map. Just enjoy the thrill of not knowing where you’re going & I’m sure you’ll find your own slice of paradise
Go get salty,